Sunday, November 18, 2007

Kids and their stupid germs...

So I've discovered one of the sucky things about working in Pediatrics - getting sick from the little disease vectors! Oh yes, they're cute. But they are loaded with all kinds of nasty viruses. I got to experience one myself this weekend. Late Friday night I woke up feeling nauseous. I thought maybe it was just something I had eaten, so I rolled over and tried to sleep it off. A couple hours later I was making a mad dash for the bathroom... and just barely made it. I ended up spending all day Saturday either in bed moaning or hanging over the toilet wretching. I managed to keep a few saltine crackers down, but otherwise didn't eat all day. I felt so weak I could barely walk to the kitchen to get water.

The thing that sucked the most about getting sick was that this was my last full weekend off for awhile. And it was Kimberly's last weekend here in San Antonio. We had big plans to go to Austin Saturday night, to enjoy one last night out together. Oh well. I guess I should be thankful that Kimberly WAS still here when I got sick. It would've sucked being all by myself and sick.

So that was my weekend. Tomorrow it's back to work. My month on the ward is over. I start Nursery next. Should be fun. I'll be sure to share interesting stories.

No comments: